So here is how we went about doing it:
- We selected a plain tissue paper in soft purple that matches well with the almost fluorescent green on the wrapping paper.
- Then, we added elevation by creating a poofy pom-pom with the purple tissue.
- Lastly, we placed the pom-pom on the top of the gift.
And the effect of that is:
- The soft purple brings some colour balance to the brightness and fluorescence of the wrapping paper
- The pom-pom created elevation and volume that bring some balance to the flurry of floral patterns on the wrapping paper.
The overall effect is a toned-down gift wrapping paper but that appears even prettier than before. The pom-pom goes well with the floral theme and adds a rustic feel to the glossy modern paper material. The soft purple tissue adds lightness to the harsh graphics on the wrapping paper. It is indeed Spring time on a gift (alas, there is only one season in Singapore i.e. Summer). But we’ve been where there is Spring and we’ve always enjoyed the season (if it isn’t too wet). And we hope you enjoy our take on it with this creation.